Events are a type of public relations tool. Special events can be defined broadly, ranging from conferences, round tables, workshops, public events, multimedia presentations or educations programmes designed to reach and interest different target audiences.
Events are opportunities for any organisation or stakeholder conducting an awareness raising campaign to gain exposure for their cause i.e. campaign, promote their achievements and disseminate information in live encounters to diverse targeted audiences.
Events are a chance to reach out to people face to face, raise awareness about the cause and build confidence of the audience towards the organisation’s key representatives, selected stakeholders and campaign endorsers (if any).
Engaging concept and attractive promotional materials add on to successfully disseminating the campaign messages to various target audiences.
Any event needs to be carefully planned and executed, from the initial concept to the final execution.
Important to know:
- Define the event concept, i.e. informative/entertaining, indoor/outdoor.
- Select topics and speakers.
- Define the agenda.
- Liaise with all speakers throughout the preparation.
- Set up the venue and refreshment.
- Select subcontractors and arrange all technical requirements beforehand.
- Prepare the scenario, talking points for participants.
- Choose the moderator / host, prepare adequate address to the audience.
- Prepare promotional materials to be displayed/disseminated at the event.
- Invite media to the event, prepare media announcement.
- Prepare press material to be distributed to media (press release, photo news etc.).